TERMS AND CONDITION
In these conditions, Icon Publishers UK Limited (t/a FashionLine Magazine) carrying advertising is referred to as ‘The Publisher”. The Advertiser means the person or entity booking advertising space, whether an advertising agency or client. The Publication date means the date on which a magazine comes on sale in the United Kingdom.
- RATES & COST:
- Rates are quoted exclusive of vat and may be increased at any time upon one month’s written notice.
- In addition to the rates quoted on the Rate Card, if the Advertiser requires an Artwork, sketches, layouts, photography, processing, or other services or requirements (collectively ‘production’), it shall pay the publisher for the same cost + vat, quoted at the time of request.
- Copyright in any production work provided by The Publisher shall vest in The Publisher.
- All gross advertising rates (except classified lineage and semi-display) are subject to a 0.1% Advertising Standards Board of Finance surcharge payable by the advertisers to help finance the self-regulatory control system administered by the Advertising Standards Authority.
- In respect of any advertisement submitted for the publication which contains the name or pictorial representation (photographic or otherwise) of any living person and/or copy by which any living person can be identified, it is the responsibility of the buyer or the Advertiser to obtain the authority of such living person(s) to make use of such name(s) representation and/or copy.
- The Advertiser warrants that:
- In relation to the advertisement the Advertiser contracts with The Publisher as a principal notwithstanding that the advertiser may be acting directly or indirectly for the third party in some representative capacity.
- Any information supplied in connection with the advertisement is accurate, complete and true.
- Agents must disclose the name of their clients and nature of the advertisement at the time of booking. Any mistaken disclosure or failure to disclose entitles The Publisher to reject or cancel the order.
- If the Advertiser does not provide finished copy by the scheduled press date The Publisher is entitled but not obliged to repeat copy carried for the preceding period.
- The Publisher is not responsible for corrections to copy after scheduled date.
- All copy supplied by the Advertiser is held at the owner’s risk and should be insured against loss or damage: it may be collected after 7 working days following publication date on the giving of reasonable notice. If it remains uncollected for 6 months, The Publisher is entitled to scrap it. None of the above shall be deemed to have any value other than the cost of materials.
- (a) Advertising bookings are made by notice from advertisers either verbally, in writing, by fax or email or in person at our offices.
(b) Orders for advertisements are accepted subject to the current standard condition of insertions of advertisements in periodicals in membership of the Periodical Publishers Association (PPA, details of which are available on request.
(f) All advertisements are accepted on the basis that the advertiser guarantees that advertisements do not contravene any laws and regulations.
(g) The Publisher is not bound by any conditions appearing in the advertisement placed within the publication and may reject an advertisement at any time and for any reason.
(h) All advertising material must comply with the British code of Advertising Practice.
Payment shall be made before publication or within 30 days of invoice date if pre-agreed with The Publisher. All space booked shall be paid for whether or not the Advertiser failed to send in the artwork unless it is cancelled 2 weeks before publication date.